Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Publication Productivity of Social Scientists in the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram: A Bibliometric Analysis
Authors: Sudhier, K G
S, Abhila I
Keywords: Bibliometrics,
Centre for Development Studies
Social Scientists,
Publication Productivity,
Authorship Pattern
Bradford’s law of Scattering
Issue Date: 2-Mar-2011
Publisher: INFLIBNET Centre
Abstract: The study analysed the research productivity of social scientists at the Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Thiruvananthapuram, during 19998-2008. The paper gives a summary and review of the various research evaluation studies of institutions and disciplines. There were 599 research articles published by the CDS researchers, including 38.23% journal articles, 23.54% chapters in books and 15.03% working papers. The highest number of publications was in the year 2008.Kerala’s developmental issues (32%) and industry, technology & development (26%) were the leading areas of research during the period of study. Authorship pattern revealed that majority of the contributions were singe- authored (56.59%) and the remaining were multi author contributions (43.41%). The degree of authorship collaboration is found to be 0.43. More than 66% of journal articles published are in Indian journals and 33.19% are published in foreign journals. Economic and Political Weekly, contributes the highest number of articles, 79 (34.50%) followed by Indian journal of Labour Economics with 7 (3.06%). The journal distribution pattern of the CDS publications does not fit the Bradford’s distribution pattern.
ISBN: 978-93-81232-01-9
Appears in Collections:CALIBER 2011:Goa

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
62.pdf195.54 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.